The Swedish Trade Association for Online Gambling, or BOS (Branschföreningen för Onlinespel), represents gambling companies and game developers that target Swedish consumers. All of our members hold a gambling license issued by an EU member state. This is a prerequisite for membership in BOS and guarantees high quality and responsibility.
- Gambling regulation
- The gambling industry
- Online gambling issues
- Gambling taxation
- Responsible gambling
- Integrity in sports
Online gambling is the fastest growing segment of the Swedish gambling market. It’s a huge business and one of the Internet’s greatest commercial success stories. Against that background, BOS is committed to promoting a well-regulated and non-discriminatory Swedish environment for responsible gambling companies. In so doing, we share the goals of the Swedish gambling legislation:
- A healthy and safe gaming market in which social protection interests and the demand for gambling offers are met under controlled conditions;
- Social protection considerations should be given priority, while the interest for a diverse range of gambling offers, as well as risks of fraud and illegal gambling, are considered.
In representing its members’ interests, BOS’s activities include:
- Encouraging high standards of probity, integrity and social responsibility within the industry;
- Working with authority representatives, legislators and other stakeholders to continue to develop the regime that the industry operates within;
- Offering a one stop shop for information and expertise for those seeking to understand the industry;
- Providing a forum for the industry to share knowledge, agree on policies, share resources and adopt strategic responses to common challenges.